Questions to ask about finding cancer early
The following are questions that you can ask the healthcare team about
- Is there anything that can be done to find this cancer early? Are there tests for this cancer?
- What is involved in testing for this cancer? What tests are used?
- Should I be tested? Why?
- Should my children be tested? Why?
- How often should test(s) be done?
- What are the risks involved with the test(s)?
- When will the test(s) be scheduled? Is there a waiting list?
- Who makes the arrangements or appointments for the test(s)?
- Is there a cost for the test(s)? If so, how much?
- Where will the test(s) be done?
- Is any preparation needed for the test(s)?
- How long will the test(s) take?
- Are there any side effects to the test(s)? Is the procedure painful?
- Who will explain the test results?
- May I have a copy of the test results?
- What happens if the results are not normal?
- What other tests will need to be done? Why?