Our linking policy will help you understand the requirements around linking to cancer.ca and the criteria we consider when providing external links.
The Canadian Cancer Society encourages and permits other websites to link to cancer.ca. We ask that:
- Any text-only link be clearly marked “Canadian Cancer Society.” The Canadian Cancer Society logo may not be used as a hypertext link without express prior written permission from the Canadian Cancer Society.
- The link must open a page within the cancer.ca website. The page must be viewed in a browser window on its own – that is, cancer.ca must not be framed by the host website.
- The appearance, position and other aspects of either the link or the host website may not be such as to damage or dilute the goodwill associated with the Canadian Cancer Society name and trademarks.
The Canadian Cancer Society reserves the right to change this policy at any time.
The Canadian Cancer Society is not responsible for the information or materials contained on the host website. Links to cancer.ca are provided for convenience of reference only and are not intended as an endorsement by the Canadian Cancer Society of the organization or individual operating the host website or its content.
The Canadian Cancer Society website provides links to other websites. Note that:
- We are not responsible for the contents of any linked website or any link contained in a linked website or any changes or updates to such websites.
- The inclusion of any link does not imply that we endorse that website or the information and services provided by that website.
- We cannot guarantee the privacy or security of information you provide to the linked sites.
Prior to providing a link, the Canadian Cancer Society uses the following criteria to evaluate non–Canadian Cancer Society websites. The site:
- relates to the Canadian Cancer Society’s mission
- complements and enhances the information on cancer.ca
- provides credible, accurate, current, science-based information
- is subject to adequate procedures for the review and updating of material
- primarily focuses on information or educational content rather than the promotion of a product or service
- adheres to adequate policies regarding external links and privacy of user data
These criteria may change at any time without notice to reflect the policies of the Canadian Cancer Society.
Sites that we link to are reviewed annually or as needed. We do our best to make sure that our external links work, but if you find a page that doesn’t link properly, let us know.