A young family outside with their child, on the grass with trees in the background
planned giving

Gifts in wills and estates

Change the future of cancer forever

Making your gift

Making a gift in your will is simple and you still retain control of your assets. You can bequeath cash, securities, property or even a percentage of your estate. Your estate receives a charitable tax receipt that can decrease (or even eliminate) estate taxes. As you consider making a planned gift, you may wish to begin by having a conversation with your family and talk with your lawyer about creating or updating your will. And we are here to help.

For more information including sample bequest wording, or our charitable registration information, please see below.

Please don’t forget to tell us if you are making a planned gift to the Canadian Cancer Society. We can help you determine the best way to leave the legacy you intend and would also love the opportunity to thank you for helping to change the future of cancer. We will respect your privacy and confidentiality.

Sample wording:  
“I direct my trustees to deliver, pay or transfer $, % (or name of asset) to the Canadian Cancer Society (Charitable Registration Number: 11882 9803 RR0001) for the purpose of supporting its highest priority needs."

Full legal name: Canadian Cancer Society 
55 St. Clair Ave. W, Suite 500, Toronto, ON M4V 2Y7  
Charitable Registration Number: 11882 9803 RR0001

Contact us

For more information please contact:

Kelly Zorich, Director, Estate and Gift Planning
1-888-405-7664 | kelly.zorich@cancer.ca

What we do

The Canadian Cancer Society works tirelessly to save and improve lives. We fund the brightest minds in cancer research. We provide a compassionate support system for all those affected by cancer, across Canada and for all types of cancer. As the voice for people who care about cancer, we work with governments to shape a healthier society. No other organization does all that we do to make lives better today and transform the future of cancer forever.


This material is intended to provide general information and should not be construed as legal or other advice without first consulting with your legal and/or financial advisor.