Roasted chestnut and pear stuffing
Roasting the vegetables adds a wonderful texture and sweetness to this stuffing. Roast the chestnuts ahead to enjoy as a snack while the stuffing is cooking, so be sure to buy extra!
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 large pears, cored and chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 each carrot and celery stalk, chopped
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) chopped fresh sage or 2 tsp (10 mL) dried sage leaves
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) dried thyme leaves
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) each salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) canola oil
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) butter
- 6 cups (1.5 L) chopped bread (mixture of white, whole wheat or whole grain)
- 1 cup (250 mL) roasted chestnuts, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) low sodium vegetable broth
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) chopped fresh parsley
Preheat oven to 400ºF (200ºC). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. When it comes to baking, KitchenAid® Ranges with Even-Heat™ True Convection are a great choice.
Return vegetables to large bowl and stir in toasted bread, chestnuts, parsley and 1 cup (250 mL) of the broth. Spread into a sprayed baking dish (about 11 x 7 inch), and drizzle remaining broth all over. Cover with foil and return to oven for 30 minutes or until heated through.
Tip: For a crisp topped stuffing, remove foil for the last 10 minutes or baking.
Nutrition Facts @(Model.HeadingTag)>
Per serving (215 g)
- Fat: 11 g (Saturated: 1 g)
- Carbohydrates: 26 g
- Fibre: 3 g
- Sugars: 12 g
- Protein: 8 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
- Sodium: 320 mg
- Potassium: 400 mg
- Calcium: 100 mg
- Iron 1.25 mg