Eye cancer statistics
It can take several years to collect and confirm cancer data, so the number of new cancer cases and deaths from recent years may not be available for some time. The most recent data available are provided below.
Incidence and mortality @(Model.HeadingTag)>
Incidence is the total number of new cases of cancer. Mortality is the number of deaths due to cancer.
The most recent incidence statistics for eye cancer are from 2016:
- 290 Canadians were diagnosed with eye cancer.
- 155 men were diagnosed with eye cancer.
- 135 women were diagnosed with eye cancer.
The most recent mortality statistics for eye cancer are from 2017:
- 63 Canadians died from eye cancer.
- 37 men died from eye cancer.
- 26 women died from eye cancer.
For more information about cancer statistics, go to the Canadian Cancer Statistics publication.
Statistics Canada. Table 13-10-0142-01 Deaths, by cause, Chapter II: Neoplasms (C00 to D48) .
Statistics Canada. Table: 13-10-0111-01: Number and rates of new cases of primary cancer, by cancer type, age group and sex . 6/19 .