Anal cancer statistics
It can take several years to collect and confirm cancer data, so the number of new cancer cases and deaths from recent years may not be available for some time. The most recent data available are provided below.
Incidence and mortality @(Model.HeadingTag)>
Incidence is the total number of new cases of cancer. Mortality is the number of deaths due to cancer.
The most recent incidence statistics for anal cancer are from 2016:
- 585 Canadians were diagnosed with anal cancer.
- 200 men were diagnosed with anal cancer.
- 380 women were diagnosed with anal cancer.
The most recent mortality statistics for anal cancer are from 2017:
- 141 Canadians died from anal cancer.
- 50 men died from anal cancer.
- 91 women died from anal cancer.
For more information about cancer statistics, go to the Canadian Cancer Statistics publication.
Statistics Canada. Table 13-10-0142-01 Deaths, by cause, Chapter II: Neoplasms (C00 to D48) .
Statistics Canada. Table: 13-10-0111-01: Number and rates of new cases of primary cancer, by cancer type, age group and sex . 6/19 .