Bone cancer statistics
It can take several years to collect and confirm cancer data, so the number of new cancer cases and deaths from recent years may not be available for some time. The most recent data available are provided below.
Incidence and mortality @(Model.HeadingTag)>
Incidence is the total number of new cases of cancer. Mortality is the number of deaths due to cancer.
The most recent incidence statistics for bone cancer are from 2018:
- 285 Canadians were diagnosed with bone cancer.
- 170 men were diagnosed with bone cancer.
- 115 women were diagnosed with bone cancer.
The most recent mortality statistics for bone cancer are from 2020:
- 222 Canadians died from bone cancer.
- 136 men died from bone cancer.
- 86 women died from bone cancer.
For more information about cancer statistics, go to Canadian Cancer Statistics.
Statistics Canada. Table 13-10-0142-01 Deaths, by cause, Chapter II: Neoplasms (C00 to D48) .
Statistics Canada. Table: 13-10-0111-01: Number and rates of new cases of primary cancer, by cancer type, age group and sex . 6/19 .