Adrenal gland cancer statistics
Specific numbers for adrenal gland cancer are not reported separately but are included in the general category other endocrine cancers. This broad category includes similar cancers that are grouped and reported together. As a result, the statistics provided do not necessarily reflect the incidence and mortality for adrenal gland cancer.
It can take several years to collect and confirm cancer data, so the number of new cancer cases and deaths from recent years may not be available for some time. The most recent data available are provided below.
Incidence and mortality @(Model.HeadingTag)>
Incidence is the total number of new cases of cancer. Mortality is the number of deaths due to cancer.
The most recent incidence statistics for other endocrine cancers are from 2016:
- 250 Canadians were diagnosed with other endocrine cancers.
- 130 men were diagnosed with other endocrine cancers.
- 120 women were diagnosed with other endocrine cancers.
The most recent mortality statistics for other endocrine cancers are from 2017:
- 104 Canadians died from other endocrine cancers.
- 57 men died from other endocrine cancers.
- 47 women died from other endocrine cancers.
For more information about cancer statistics, go to Canadian Cancer Statistics.
Statistics Canada. Table 13-10-0142-01 Deaths, by cause, Chapter II: Neoplasms (C00 to D48) .
Statistics Canada. Table: 13-10-0111-01: Number and rates of new cases of primary cancer, by cancer type, age group and sex . 6/19 .